Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I lost my iPod

Or so I thought.. About two Wednesdays ago.For Young women we went to the Temple and learned about Virtue, passed one of our personal project things off. I had my iPod with me and was using it for my scriptures. The next day I went to use my iPod and it was gone. Not in my purse not at work. After work I searched frantically with no luck:( My love was gone. Now I know we aren't suppose to put that much importance into wordly things but this was my second iPod touch. My second generation I lost as well. It's like I can't have anything nice. but this...this is my new present from Eli 5th generation white he got it for me when it first came out > Now this isn't to be all "braggy" just giving you a bit of a back story to help you understand the importance.

Okay so my iPod is lost and it's the end of nice presents as I know it. I searched Thursday to the following Wednesday for my iPod. I had prayed and prayed and looked and looked, called the Temple lost and found - I even woke up in the middle of the night with a bright idea on where it may be hiding once or twice. I was actually on my way to YW on Wendesday the 8th (exactly one week from when i lost my precious)I was preparing a speech in my head actually, just a speech about how I lost something oh so special and if any of the girls had found an iPod and just weren't sure who's it was or what to do with it to let me know because it may be mine. Cheesy and lame and I was nervous about it because I have built an amazing relationship with a lot of the girls and didn't want them to think I was accusing anyone of being a thief.

I was driving to YW nervous and needed to calm my nerves. I wanted to listen to a certain song, lucky I do have some music on my phone - not a lot and not as good quality but some. I Whip out my phone while on the road and yank on the cord that I need to plug in my phone. The cord was on the side of my seat right next to the middle console. I start to pull it out and it's kinda hard-Okay why is this so hard?? I finally get it up (really it was hard) MY iPOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO My poor pod has been sitting lonely for one week stuck under the seat on the cord. So Of course I start crying and then remembering all the times throughout the week that I had felt like connecting my phone to this cord-not for the music, but to have my phone on speaker while I was talking to my RC WIlley, my mom and Eli. Everytime I thought to connect my phone I pushed that out of my mind and just kept the phone on my ear.

It's just funny. If I would have listened to that thought I had the first or second time- I wouldn't have been stressing for a week. We were driving one time somewhere and a song came on the radio that I had just downloaded on my iPod before it disappeared..I was literally in tears>>pathetic I know. I was stressed and sad to the max but Now I'm happy to the max.

Just had to share. Camp stories still to come:)

No comments:

Post a Comment