Tuesday, July 23, 2013

HAPPY DAY (Super long since it's been a year)


SO... We decided on a name. Well we're almost positive that's his name and we're so excited about it! WHos' name??? OH that's right I forgot to tell you all ... I Amber Nicole Duckworth am with child. I'm actually 6 months or 26 weeks whatever you would say all of that confuses me because the weeks don't really coincide with how far along you are month wise anyway. I'm due October 29th and I'm in love! Well we both are. So I know it's been like almost exactly a year since I've blogged. Rather then catch you up on everything missed I'm just going to start now from where life is.

Okay maybe I'll go a little bit backward to start this story and then to the day I found out I was going to be a mommy. We officially decided and felt strongly it was time for us to put the plan into action and get pregnant at the end of March 2012 and I kid you not, I took multiple pregnancy tests from that time on. Sadly everytime it was a negative. I don't know why I kept setting myself and husband up for disappointment. Most of the time when I would take the test I wouldn't even wait until I was late or maybe I was but only by just a few days... I think they just became fun to me or something? I really don't know. Eventually though toward the end of the year I started to get worried --why wasn't it happening? We got confirmation from the Lord it was the time to start trying, then why were we getting no results? If this is right - then why didn't it just happen? Kind of frustrating and sad for me I'll be honest. All of this happened when we were in Herriman, Our lease ended January 31, and we found a nice basement apartment in West Valley where we moved to.

February 22, 2013 30 days from my last P. :) So I wasn't late it was a Saturday and not so warm, so we were in bed lazily. I looked over at Eli and said "Let's go get a pregnancy test" Eli's response was almost exactly along the lines of "Are you even late? You're not pregnant, you never are let's wait a few more days and you'll start" The signs of a seriously discouraged want to be dad and a DOUBTER" But don't worry I just really felt like I needed a test so I didn't let him get me down and I was persistant. So We got out of bed and went to the dollar store. They were out of tests (You may laugh at that but I read and heard they were pretty accurate) So on to the next place; Smiths. Smiths had two kinds of tests both over $15.00 ON TO THE NEXT. I called Family Dollar to see if they had tests, and they did for $4 but we didn't stop there Eli just wanted to go home. I really was persistant so we made ONE last stop before we were done. ELi pulled into WalMart and I waited in the car. He came out with a pack of two tests and threw them in my lap. I'm making him sound like an angry puppet in this story, he wasn't mad even just thought this was all for nothing and it was cold and we were driving everywhere for this.

So we got home (before we left I put somethings in the crockpot and ELi was making steaks for dinner) I went straight to the bathroom and took a test. I laid it on the edge of the tub and BAM! Negative:( I immediately felt dumb and of course sad I remember Eli's exact response "Of course" He's wanted to be a dad since we got married, so this was just really sad for him. Anyway I didn't do anything with the test and we went on with our day. Eli made DELISH stakes, the food was all ready and served and we started to eat. Eli sat down but then had to use the bathroom so he ran in there. I'm waiting when I hear "AMBERRR" what? I ran to the bathroom ((Even writing this takes me back and I'm so emotional)) "Am I reading this right?" He shows me the test and it's a + !! literally we're both in shock just looking at it then each other, and then we hug really tight. Turns out our negative sign before was actually the control line so you know the test isn't bum. Listen we're no experts here. So I take another one and we wait and pretty quickly that one is positive as well. BEST RESULTS EVERRR We were both in disbelief a little bit, I,m sure some of you know the feeling. We went to our bedroom and immediately knelt down and thanked Heavenly Father. Afterward we continued on with our meal, dinner was kind of silent neither of us really talked about it or anything really except for how yummy the food was>> In shock still<< Afterward we ran to Target and grabbed two more tests just to be safe. I took one that night, Yup! still :D and the next morning I took one more just to be sure .... Turns out I'm preggers. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo My "hunch" and persistance are what made this day literally one of the best in our lives to this point. We found out at weeks it was now a HE. Eli just knew it all along, I think it's because that's what he was hoping for- or maybe because I had a feeling I was the pregnant one he got the feelings this time-but come on now I'm the mom and I knew that we were having a girl, I was looking online at blessing dresses already and headbands, thinking of nursery colors just in aww thinking of my baby girl. We even had two girl names picked out we literally instantly loved two girls names no disagreements, We even came up with a middle name that we would use for our first beautiful daughter. This had to be a sign right? It was meant. BOY was I wrong, literally BOY. We were so impatient the day I hit weeks on Wednesday we paid $80 bucks to find out early. Yeah there was no mistaken we were having a boy. The Ultrasound was so awesome every movement or everytime she would point out his head or leg whatever it was, Eli while holding my hand would tap me or squeeze and repeat what the tech said "look his head" "that's his leg" Then gender reveal came and I looked over at my husband who had tears in his eyes. He was a proud dad. I'm sure his pride had to do with A> because he was right , and B> because he was so overwhelmed with love for our son . I'm gonna say both but mostly B. he loves baby boy. Talks to my tummy, reads me updates every week REally, it's the cutest thing. Anyway there went my plans for every girl thing I was going to spend money on in the next few days oh and months:)

I felt little popcorn feelings in my stomach since maybe 16 weeks and once really strongly while watching Tv during the day at maybe 18? I have it written down on a piece of paper somewhere haha much good that's going to do me. The kicks only got stronger and every time I would put Eli's hand on my stomach and the baby would stop, or he'd be kicking but Eli couldn't feel it. Usually though he would stop haha. Be ready for this though I put it in my iPad. July 8th about 1 AM our son was kicking so hard and I grabbed Eli's hand put it lightly on my tummy and THREE times in a row he was kicked. IT as amazing to share that with him. He loved it . Since then he's felt it one other time on July 20th just the other day--we got home from Camping and laid on the bed for about 5 minutes to catch our breath from the weekend his arm was over my tummy and my baby kicked twice. Eli kinda giggled and said "did he just kick? felt that. felt that too. It was awesome and unexpected. OH This is another story about the time this was happening Christy my sister n law was in the hospital getting ready have Lucas. But that's for another time and her story not mine but that was so exciting! He's a doll bY the way and so small.

Okay okay before I move on I need to put this down on record June 29 I dreamt I was laying next to my new born in the hospital he weight 7lbs 3 oz, and had lots of dark hair, I loved this time with my son, then Khloe Kardashian came into my room and interrupted everything because she needed help. So we'll see when the time comes if this dream had any validity at all when the time comes.

I'm about done with my stories but I just wanted it to go on record that we have a name! After going over thousands of them (thats not exaggerating) I've looked at the top 100 names for different years a ton of times then even the top 1000 a couple of times, and very few names stuck out to me I was getting frustrated about this. Oh and on the rare occasion I really liked something it got Vetoed . Same thing with my husband though his names got vetoed from my side as well. IN my defense he wanted to use names like Asterikn with a *, Elian and to support our Japanese Heritage RENJI and HIRO were brought up, so let's get real here. Funny thing is since before our ten week appointment back in March a name was brought up that we both really liked but was pushed aside due to us not agreeing on the spelling. Eli came up with the name but he wanted to spell it some crazy ways and I really liked the name but his spellings didn't make sense to me. For purposes of not sharing the name right now I'm going to say just this K's are not silent in the middle of names. Especially not this one . THe thing is though we had a middle name picked out that as soon as it was brought up we both readily agreed and loved it! We kinda of like 4 names all together but two ended up dropping out of the race because they really just didn't feel right. The third contender was no longer in the race because even though I brought it up I just decided I didn't want to use it. So now I'm more discouraged then ever because Great the only name out of thousands that we both liked there was only one left that we both really liked but the spelling couldn't be agreed on. The name got brought up a lot in the past 17 weeks and even though it was really liked by both of us --Im going to say my husband was just being silly with it and wanting to get all crazy with the spellings. SO Two nights ago we were talking about a few things and Eli expressed the love he had for this name,((he was having my niece say it camping a lot , he would whisper just the name in her ear and she would repeat it in her 2 year old voice and it was so cute)) and BAM we agreed on a spelling and Now it just feels good. We get to use a name we both liked since the beginiing as well as a middle name.

Don't quote me on this because I have 14 weeks left, so things could change but it just feels to good having a name for my son. Like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. The name is so handsome and now Im thinking of all these cute things for his nursery. *sigh of relief* No more talk about DOT or Asterik anymore:D

Anyway we're so excited and I don't have a journal so I wanted to write down all of this more mainly me---and whoever if ANY one still reads my novels.
...Pics are from the most exciting day and oh yeah our delish food...
Good Day

No comments:

Post a Comment