Monday, April 30, 2012

Back in the house hunting days.

A lot of you are aware that a few months ago before we got our apartment Eli and I were looking at getting a house. Well we pretty much found one, we talked about putting an offer in on it, This house was UGLY I mean the layout was alright but it was pink and old looking, the inside was nuts every room had DR Seuss painted on the walls, but guess what there was a pool and the backyard was big! The house itself was $95,000 and then we would have had to put some work into it slowly obviously to make it a dream. Well one day Eli picked me up from work and we went to the house and looked at it, there are a lot of HUGE trees so I then started looking at possibly how much they would cost to be removed. The house was right next to the free way..fifteen minutes from my work, 7 from Eli's this was perfect, it had a two car garage and a pool..are you kidding me? LOVE! Well after talking it over we wanted the house, the VERY NEXT MORNING I got notification of a status change..the house had been taken off the market, literally the day after we decided we wanted it. I guess it's not meant to be...or is it? What's funny about this now is I work with a guy who lives up by this house he said he can literally throw a rock at it. haha. He knew we were looking at it and said it's a crazy deal 95k for a house with a pool, he then told me he's pretty sure the people who bought the house are flipping it, because they instantly went to work on it. The guy I work with called me this morning and said "that house went up for sale this weekend, the guy had an open house, he's selling it for $240,000. YIKES! I quickly went to work and found the home on a website, I knew the address, and we'd seen the house before so BAM here it is. Now I know you're not impressed with the outside of the house, it's not gorgeous but the inside is beautiful!! Walls were knocked down bathrooms were added, I mean it's sooo transformed inside it's nuts. Now this guy if he put $100k into this house and he sells it for what it's listed, he's making a big old profit on this puppy. So now I'm wondering, destiny? Doubt it, but here's the house we almost bought. You guys don't have the before pictures, but it's crazy there was literally paintings from DR Seuss books on pretty much every single wall, upstairs was a playroom, it's now a master Bedroom. Check it out..
Now you got to see more pictures because I know your like "Amber what the?? This house is lame" So check it out.. (p.S) Just click on one picture it will make it big then you can zoom through the pictures easy like it's a slide show.. :)
Meant to be ours?? the answer to that is probably and most likely no, but it's fun for us to see the transformation, and now my mom can look at the house we were thinking about buying before hand, only this is after. Anyways this was on my mind so I blogged about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment