Tuesday, May 1, 2012

on my mind.

This past sunday at church three women spoke, they were in the Young Womens presidency in our ward. (side note in Relief Society once a month the young women join and everyone stands up and we all say the theme. As I stood up and said the theme, I got so emotional. I miss being in the young womens and teaching and learning and just talking with the girls, I miss doing the them every week.) One of the ladies I was actually really excited to hear from, my reason for wanting to hear her is actually kind of dumb but since the first week in our ward I saw her, she was an older lady with a few children..she had the most beautiful hair and I liked her style, every week since then I have seen her and wanted to talk to her. Dumb reason for wanting to get to know someone, possibly?? Anyway I was just excited to hear from her. All of the women did an amazing job, it was funny because the one stood up and was introducing her family and the story of her and her hubby she told us how they met in February and were married in May she then said these next words that made me laugh so hard " I know a lot of you may think that's really fast to get married but when you meet a hottie with a body, why wait?" hahaha Lady you just said that at the pulpit, it was so funny. This is one thing I really enjoy about our ward is everyone laughs at everything and doesn't get offended or doesn't think "She just said that. oh my" In fact all of the ladies said a couple of just funny things that you probably wouldn't hear in some wards, or if you did hear it you know they were getting talked to after church about it. So finally president got up (The super cute one that I wanted to get to know) She started to tell the story of her and her best friend in the whole universe , her husband, they met as teenagers, and started dating in high school on and off then on and off again. He then went on a mission and she told the congregation "We don't talk about when he was on his mission much, but all I can tell you is I wasn't married" She was referring to her dating a lot. haha love it. She then said he came home they dated and were married and have been together for 17 years. I now think this lady is awesome! She's so cute (much like me..hehe) She dated her husband throughout high school (again, and for those of you who knew us in high school it was on and off and on, the off times were literally a day and a half but still) Her hubby went on the mission and she went was ready to mingle (hmmm?) Her story is oddly familiar, I like this lady. After hearing her story I was grateful for Eli and I and all of our times together. I mean I've always been grateful for them and it's a cool story to tell. Today I was remembering the time he asked me to senior prom. Eli and I had decided to go to South Towne he came and picked me up and asked if I wanted Subway, I remember I wasn't hungry so declined, then we went to the mall and were there for a while, I remember Eli rushing us saying we needed to go get dinner, and should go to Subway I was like "Nah" I remember actually we kind of got in an argument about this. I just didn't understand why Eli wanted me to have Subway so much I really didn't feel like it. We left the mall and Eli sped all the way home and then finally pulled into the Subway near his home, REALLY ELI?? so I went into Subway because he was clearly in the mood for that even at 9:30 at night. I told the guy what I wanted, Turkey. It was time for my toppings so I got them, and then requested mayonaise. The guy finishes with the mayo and turns the sandwich to me guess what it says..PROM? hahaha oh myyyy. Eli looked at me all cutesy. He said earlier he had went there and made plans for the guy to make this when we came in, he was afraid the guy he spoke to wouldn't be there anymore. I also remember when Eli would always come to my window at night, he'd knock real late and we'd just hang out. Eli swears that he climbed in once, but I know that never happened, my friends would come to my windows a lot but they never climbed in. These were just a couple of thoughts of mine today that I felt like sharing. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment